According to a brand new industry study, timeshare owners are becoming increasingly engaged with their timeshare and the timeshare lifestyle. Even with 9.2 million households owning a timeshare currently, the industry is attracting new buyers because consumers love the location of timeshare resorts, want to save money on future vacation costs, and want to ensure that they will take a vacation every year.
The study found the make-up of the average timeshare owner to include:
- The average timeshare owner is just under 47 years old
- 60% of timeshare owners are white; 20% are African-American; 14% Asian American
- 68% are married; 17% are single, never married
- 84% own their own home
- 44% have children under the age of 18 living with them at home
Timeshare owners are also devout vacationers:
- Timeshare owners took more than three vacations in 2015
- Nearly 60% of timeshare owners either used their timeshare personally, or banked/deposited their timeshare in 2015 for later use
- 77% of timeshare owners took a vacation at a timeshare resort during 2015
Timeshare owners are in love with their properties. In fact, seven out of 10 owners would recommend timeshare ownership based upon their experience. And not only did they love their properties, they loved how easy their buying experience was. Over seven of 10 recent purchasers (71%) found their buying experience to be excellent or good.
Timeshare vacationing is a great way for people of all ages and walks of life to get more out of their precious vacation time, and more and more consumers are realizing the benefits of owning a timeshare.