Guest Blog By U.S. Travel Association/Travel Effect
American workers believe that taking paid time off (PTO) helps them relax and recharge, offers them the opportunity to do what they enjoy, and makes them happier people. Yet, despite almost universal recognition (96%) of the importance of using their vacation time , four in ten workers (41%) say they will not use all of their PTO in 2014. A closer examination of these findings reveals that companies that encourage their workers to take PTO have happier, healthier and more productive employees.
ENCOURAGING WORKERS TO TAKE TIME OFF MAKES THEM HAPPIER, HEALTHIER AND MORE SUCCESSFUL.
- Happier personal lives. Employees whose companies encourage the use of PTO have happier personal lives, with nearly three-quarters (74%) reporting being “extremely” or “very” happy with their personal relationships with family and friends.
- Happier at work. Workers who are “extremely” happy with their jobs work within corporate cultures that encourage PTO. Over half (55%) of extremely happy employees are encouraged to use PTO, versus just one-third (32%) of the total population.
- More successful and financially secure. Companies that encourage PTO employ more people who are “extremely,” “very,” or “somewhat” happy with their professional success and financial situation—compared to those companies that discourage PTO, send mixed messages, or send no message about PTO (91% vs. 79% and 84% vs. 68%, respectively).
SENIOR BUSINESS LEADERS AGREE: PAID TIME OFF IS GOOD FOR THE COMPANY.
- More productive employees. Senior business leaders agree that employees who use their PTO return recharged, renewed and ready to work more efficiently and productively (91%).
- Fewer sick days and improved morale. The vast majority of senior business leaders agree that using PTO cuts down on sick days and burnout, reduces turnover rates, improves morale and boosts employee focus and creativity (90% for each).
Get more details here.
Vacation Better: 76% of timeshare owners take their vacation every year. It’s pre-paid, easy to plan, and they love it!
Learn how timeshare vacations can help you take the time off that you deserve.